If you are not a Deezer subscriber, you are really missing out! Did you know that the wonderful people in Deezer recently announced two major new platform developments designed to give all music fans (you & me) an unbeatable experience across mobile, desktop and tablet devices.
For the first time, anyone using Deezer for free on the web can also listen to their favourite music on their mobile through two smart new features that take streaming radio services to the next level.
Let the music FLOW on your mobile
From today, when you tune into Deezer on your mobile, you’ll be able to access Flow, the first feature of its kind on a streaming service, designed to give you your very own personal radio station. Delving into your music library as well using your past streams on Deezer, Flow creates a unique radio station fully loaded with all the music you love, on the go and at your finger tips.
What’s more, Flow is free from all time restrictions giving you the ultimate freedom to listen to your favourite tracks whenever you want, wherever you want.
Discover more with PLAYLISTRADIO
If you use Deezer for free and are not content just listening to old favourites or chart toppers, a second new feature – the Playlist Radio – combines the best of yours with the best of ours. It takes your favourite playlists and combines them with recommendations from our expert editors across the world to create a radio station focused on music discovery which is available for free and unlimited on your mobile.
If that’s not enough, Deezer has also launched a brand new radio section on web and mobile. Featuring advanced search features along with hundreds of music genres to choose from, this new section provides bags of inspiration and unparalleled opportunities for music discovery.
Deezer is also going to be removing all time restrictions on desktop and tablet, giving music fans the opportunity to listen to and discover great new music, unlimited and on- demand, for free.
MAC Users, good news!
DEEZER FOR MAC to unify music collections
Today also sees the launch of the new Beta version of Deezer for Mac which, for the first time, allows you to seamlessly and easily merge your existing music collection with Deezer – putting all your music in once place and making it available on any device.
Regardless of the file format, your personal music library is automatically synchronized with Deezer meaning you’ll have access to Deezer’s entire catalogue of 30 million tracks as well as all your favourite music from your personal CD or download collection, at the touch of a button. Radically different from a simple desktop app, Deezer for Mac is much lighter and quicker than a web version.
Daniel Marhely, Deezer’s founder, said:
“Innovating to push the boundaries is part of our DNA, and our focus right now is on offering an intensely personal music experience for each and every one of our users. With Flow and the new mobile radio features, anyone will be able to discover great new music on their mobile, completely free from any limitations.”
“Meanwhile, our new Deezer for Mac is beautifully simple to use and allows anyone to unify the music collections they’ve painstakingly collected over the years, with music they’re streaming from Deezer. Today’s launch of Deezer for Mac will, I hope, help transition the streaming stalwarts and get them to try our service because when they do, we know they’ll get hooked.”
In addition to these new features, Deezer has also enriched its discovery options on mobile. The EXPLORE feature will now enable you to search by geography and genre while a new CHART tab will allow you to search by titles, albums, artists and playlists, meaning you’ll have no excuse for not knowing the words to the hottest new tracks. These latest features continue to offer music fans the most personalised music discovery experience yet and follow the launch of Hear This and Explore for web which were unveiled at the end of last year.
• Flow creates a personalised radio station based on your music library as well as your past streams on Deezer
• You are able to skip up to six tracks an hour
• There are no time restrictions which means anyone can to listen to their favourite music, wherever and whenever they want
• Flow is available for everyone exclusively on Deezer
• The new Playlist Radio means free users can take a playlist they’ve made, or one from a Deezer editor, and turn it into a radio station accessible on their mobile
• The feature combines the chosen playlist with complimentary recommendations from Deezer’s expert editors to create a mix of the tracks you like as well as new music to discover
• You are able to skip up to six tracks an hour
• As with Flow, there are no time restrictions for free users
• Playlist Radio is only accessible to free users. Premium and Premium + users will be able to access a similar feature through the ‘Playlist Shuffle’ button.
DEEZER FOR MAC?
• Radically different from a simple desktop app and much lighter and quicker than a web version, this new app unifies your music collection
• Regardless of the file format, your personal iTunes music library is automatically synchronized with Deezer
• You’ll have access to Deezer’s entire catalogue of 30 million tracks as well as all your favourite music from your personal collection at the touch of a button
• Deezer for Mac is available for Premium + users from 31st March. The Windows version is planned to follow in the coming months.
Deezer in numbers:
Deezer is a revolutionary global music service available in over 180 countries with 5 million paid subscribers. Deezer removes any barriers of the past, providing music fans with unlimited access to a catalogue of 30 million tracks. Deezer is available on PC, laptop, tablet, smartphone, wireless home speakers, in-car audio, smart TVs and Xbox.
Combining the best of man and machine, Deezer puts the focus squarely on music discovery with a global editorial team searching out the best music around the world, and algorithmic recommendations helping fans discover music they will love.