Do you want to be a part of the big celebration for the World Aids Day, right here in Singapore? If you do, and i know you do, keep reading!
So, this year theme for World Aids Day is “Your life, your canvas” andit is inspired by the notion that we are all responsible for painting the canvas of our own lives. What we choose to put on that canvas is entirely up to us, and the choices we make all contribute to a constantly evolving picture.
Just a question. Did you see the countdown timer on the left column? Its the World Aids Day countdown timer. It will be counting down to December 1, a day when many people around the world can often be seen wearing the red ribbon that has now become a familiar symbol of:
- CARE and CONCERN for people living with HIV and those who have died from AIDS;
- HOPE in the search for a vaccine and care; and
- SUPPORT for people living with or affected by HIV
- condoms can provide protection against HIV when used correctly and consistently?
- when you are tested negative, it does not mean you are HIV negative for life?
- you will not get HIV by sharing food and drinks with someone who has the virus?
- a lot of people still do not know about the above-mentioned after so many years of public education since the discovery of the virus in 1981?
- and you can find out more about HIV/AIDS at HPB Online?
You can show your support for World AIDS Day by taking part in thisTwibbon campaign . I already did mine. Have you?